Saturday, November 20, 2010

How $1.50 Can Create Raving Fan Customers

G'day Friend,

I have a special treat for you today.

This is an idea drawn straight from my carpet cleaning days. This is a field tested, proven strategy. I think I swiped it from Joe Polish. But either way, it's fantastic. And once I reveal it, if you have even a small, tiny bit of creativity in you... you'll find a way to use this in your business and your marketing efforts.

OK. Are you listening?

Using just $1.50, I made my clients not only ecstatic about the work we did cleaning their carpets, and actually call people to brag in amazement!

I didn't actually give them a $1.50, if that's what you're thinking. Here is a perfect example of how a small, cheap, insignificant thing has incredible value.

Understand this: most of my clients were female. As a whole, it's mostly women who work with carpet cleaners. They're the only ones who really notice or care.

What are most woman's complaints?

- Lack of appreciation

- Very little "romantic" intimacy

There's a lot more, but I can't go into that list right now. (No offense intended, ladies).

Anyway, what did I do?

I left them a single, red rose and a handwritten thank you note.

Nothing special, right?

The rose was about $1.50. I always took pen and paper with me to the jobsite to write down details during the walkthrough.

Whenever the job was done, we left the rose and note on a nightstand, the bed, something, on top of the thank you note.

Customers called us afterward to say thank you.

Better yet, when I sent my follow-up satisfaction survey (an effective tool to get more testimonials if you know the client is happy, or great feedback otherwise), they would write glowing praises.

Look, if my clients had mostly been men and I had done this... well, that would've been weird. But the trick is: I knew my clients. I knew what they were like, their genders, ages, etc.

What can you do, today, to improve client satisfaction... that looks like a simple gesture of kindness?

I advice you also pick up Word of Mouth Marketing by Jerry Wilson.

Smart investment.

Anyway, till next time.

Over and Out,

Angel Suarez

No comments:

Post a Comment