Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Death By Perfection

G'day Friend,

I'm not a perfect guy.

Truth be told, I have a large number of imperfections. I can be rude, blunt, and sometimes pretty dismissive. I'm also quick to get heated, sometimes.

I feel uncomfortable writing that, but I'm being honest. I use some vulgarity in my writing (as you'll notice in my other writings), and I don't suffer fools lightly.

It's disappointing, because I try to be tolerant and level-headed. And typically, I pull it off. But that's for the sake of being polite.

Well, screw it.

I'm just myself. And I wanted to tell you that.

BUT, what's the point?

This: being YOU, just you - warts and all - will make you more attractive to customers. Not only that, but it'll make your business FAR more profitable, and attract to you the kind of people you want to work with.

Listen, people KNOW when you're not being yourself. There's an awkwardness to the way you speak, or a "blank," when you don't quite understand how to proceed on that train of though.

There are just obvious, gaping holes in your writing and presentation when you're not being you.

So why not just be you?

Let your personality shine through your marketing and your copy. Let readers see "You" (or at least, the "you" which is your client, if you freelance).

People are attracted to people. And the moment you start showing them that you're a person - that you put your pants on the same way, one leg at a time- the hotter they'll be for you.

Anyway, that's all I have time for - sorry for the briefness.

Over and Out,

Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment